2007年5月15日火曜日

My idea about Communicative Activities

Today,I am goinng to review two of the "typical Japanese junior high school"communicative activities presented in ETM3.The activities I am going to review are Interview and Questionnaire.You can view them here. http://www.englisheducation.iwate-u.ac.jp/Hall/kyouikuhou/TypicalCommunicativeActivities.files/frame.htm
First is Interview.The example presented was started the question "What were you doing at 7 last night?" immediatelly.I think it is not real interview.So,to be more natural conversation and effective practice,I would like to add some sentences.For example,"Excuse me.May I ask you?","Hi!Do you have time?" and so on.I think beginning of conversation is surprisingly difficult.To have students get used to conversation in English, it is necessary for them to practice these expression in addition to gramatical practice.Next is Questionnaire. When we communicate with others, it is important to get interested in them and ask questions to understand them.I would like to give more information to have enough practice and enjoy communication.For example,teacher gives some cards 「food」「sport」,「flower」and so on.Also,teacher gives specific information for these cards.「food」―apple, cheese,「sport」―baseball,soccer,「flower」―cherry blossom,rose and so on.I think these information helps students to communicate smoothly.

2 件のコメント:

Jasmine さんのコメント...

Helloヾ(*´∀`*)ノI'm Jasmine.
Thank you for your comment!!

About Interview,I agree with you. I think that your way is useful to
students for learning communuity skills.
Students will be able to apply this experience to real world in English.

See you tomorrowヾ(o ・∀・)ノ

JH さんのコメント...

Hi Nakki,
Good tips!
JH